Argentium wire scrap is used here. Because everyone has different scrap wire gauges and lengths, the directions here are general steps for creating the focal pieces. Fusing: The thicker a wire is, the longer it takes to get to melting temperature.
About Argentium Sterling Silver BENEFITS Argentium Sterling Silver has many advantages in comparison to standard sterling silver: Firescale-free alloy. Highly tarnish-resistant. Lower heat and electrical conductivity, enabling the alloy to be resistance, …
Sterling silver*, Argentium Silver, and mixed sterling/fine silver scrap. NOTE: Must be cadmium-free. Scrap Weight . ... * Miixed fine and sterling silver scrap will be processed as sterling silver with the assumption that the batch is 92.5% pure silver. If the silver proves to be less pure than we assumed, the payout will be adjusted accordingly.
· If you have any Argentium or Sterling silver jewelry scrap or pieces you''re not using, consider selling it to a precious metals refiner like Manhattan Gold & Silver. We provide quick, safe and fair payouts as we work hard to ensure you get the best deal for your scrap.
· sterling silver, argentium and 18kt yellow gold scrap
Silver Melt Value: Silver Content (Troy Ounces): Canadian Silver Five-Cent Coins: 1911-1919 George V - 92.5% Silver 5-Cent Coin. 1920-1921 George V - 80% Silver 5-Cent Coin. Canadian Silver Dimes: 1911-1919 George V - 92.5% Silver Dime.
· Argentium alloy is typically made up of 92.5% silver and 7.5% germanium; sterling silver, in contrast, contains 93.5% silver and 6.5% copper. Note that those percentages are not universally observed; silversmiths can tinker with the metals they are mixing into their workable metals pretty much as they see fit.
· Silver is the main metal in e-waste recycling. If you have silver in metal form then you can easily melt this. But if you have silver in powder form like silver chloride then you can face many problems in melting silver. As usually, silver melts at 961 C and this temperature point is less than gold melting but melting silver is hard and technical.
· Sterling Silver Melt Value Calculator Spot Prices are quoted in USD / Troy Oz Spot Prices Jun 30, 2021 at 10:14 New York Time
55 % of the current Silver Market in Trade or we will pay 45 % of the current Silver Market in Cash. We DO NOT accept Silver Filled scrap at this time. 1.2 % of the current Gold Market in Trade or we will pay 1.0 % of the current Gold Market in Cash. Exampl e: 1.2 …
Argentium 935 Silver Sheet 1.00mm. CS35 100 . Argentium 935 Silver Sheet ; Stronger, brighter, more versatile alternative to Sterling Silver
· 3. Argentium Silver and Non-Tarnish Alloys. Non-tarnish alloys are fairly new to the market. Argentium is one brand but there are others available that are similar. These alloys are a minimum of 92.5% silver though some will be slightly higher in silver content. The remainder consists of copper and the addition of the element germanium.
925 Sterling Silver Full-Bead Wire ; 925 Sterling Silver Rectangle Wire (SOFT) 925 Sterling Silver Serrated Flat Bezel ; 925 Sterling Silver Diamond Cut Wire (Soft) 925 Sterling Silver Half Round Wire (Soft) 935 Argentium Sterling Silver
· Hi Michael - your scrap is still sterling even if it does have some argentium in it. Regular sterling is usually 92.5 per cent silver and 7.5 per cent copper. The Argentium people have replaced some of the copper with some germanium. The people who buy your scrap are interested mostly in the silver content and that is still 92.5 per cent. By ...
· Remelting scrap may result in brittle castings. There is no need to keep your silver scrap separate for refining. AS Logo – if you are interested in the AS stamp, visit the Argentium web site to read about licensing. Cost: Averages approximately 15% to 18% more than Standard Silver. But will reduce your costs due to:
935 Argentium Sterling Silver Wire (Half Hard) 935 Argentium Sterling Silver Wire (Soft) 935 Argentium Sterling Silver Gallery Wire ; 935 Argentium Sterling Silver Half Round Wire (Half Hard) 935 Argentium Sterling Silver Half Round Wire (Soft) 935 Argentium Silver Bezel Strip . 999 Fine Silver
The Scrap Silver Melt Value Calculator, shown below, can figure the total silver value of scrap silver items, measured by the weight unit of your choice. The silver value is calculated based on the total amount of actual silver content, not including any other metals used if the silver is an alloy.
Argentium sterling silver, a higher grade silver alloy with unique working properties (93.6% or 96%) Coin silver, .900 fine silver widely used in pre-1964 United States coinage Pound sterling, the official currency of the United Kingdom, which once was based on a weight in sterling silver
Turn your precious metal scrap into the jewelry-making supplies you need! Rio Grande''s Precious Metals Recycling Service will help you recover up to 85% of the value of your properly sorted silver (including PMC®) and gold. We also offer recovery options for silver-filled, gold-filled, palladium and platinum scrap.
The best jewelry designs start with high-quality fabrication metal—find all the Argentium ® Silver fabrication metal you need to create custom jewelry pieces at Rio Grande. The Argentium Silver at Rio Grande is available in a variety of forms and we also offer Mokume-Gane billet rod and a selection of Mokume-Gane sheet.. Our line of Argentium ® Silver wire ranges from 30 gauge to 6 gauge ...
Hi Orchid, I finally used up the last of my de-ox sterling casting grain and bought myself a bunch of argentium shot last week when the silver price dipped, so I''m getting ready to cast argentium for the first time. I have a bunch of argentium wire scrap, can I just throw it in with the grain? What about my sprues, the second time I cast how much sprues can I add to the fresh grain and do ...
Argentium Sterling silver is a modern sterling silver alloy which modifies the traditional alloy (92.5% silver + 7.5% copper) by replacing some of the copper with the germanium. Silver …
Argentium is a sterling silver alloy that has some exciting advantages over traditional sterling silver. It does not firescale, is highly tarnish resistant, is more malleable and ductile than traditional sterling, fuses and welds more easily than traditional sterling, and can be hardened using a kitchen oven!
· This alloy of sterling silver and germanium, popular in jewelry, answers the need for a lustrous sterling-silver alloy that resists tarnishing. It is about 90% pure silver. Billon. Since Roman times, billon has been used to mint coins and medals that look like silver, but which contain copper and other base metals.
· The Argentium sheet can be reduced using a series of rolling passes by up to 70% of its total thickness before an annealing operation is required. Wire Drawing Operations. Typically the Argentium silver wire will be supplied in a fully annealed (soft) condition and at the diameter or cross-section that you require.
Argentium Silver is for companies who value quality and wish to rise above a crowded commodity market - Argentium represents the future of silver. LOOK FOR THE MARK The Argentium ''Winged Unicorn'' is becoming a global endorsement for premium quality.
· So I melted down all of my old sterling silver scrap that had been around the studio, and sent it in to Rio Grande and exchanged it for some Argentium 935 sheet and wire of assorted gauges. Well, this was the beginning of my journey. What I discovered is that Argentium Silver works much in the same way as high karat gold.
40 Gram Argentium Sterling Silver High Polished Phantom Geometric Classic Super Thick 16 Gauge 935 Heirloom Quality Money Clip, Embossed Art. TheMoneyClipStore. From shop TheMoneyClipStore. 5 out of 5 stars. (15) 15 reviews. $108.00 FREE shipping. Only 1 available and it''s in …
Ronda Coryell Metalsmith, Goldsmith,Argentium Silver,Instructional DVDs,Supplies. 1/12. Out of gallery. ABOUT RONDA. Ronda Coryell is a Jewelers of America Certified Master Bench Jeweler and, one of the world''s most well regarded experts on the use of Argentium. Founder of the Northwest Chapter of the Florida Society of Goldsmiths, she now ...
· Because of the affects of the Germanium, Argentium Sterling Silver seems to prefer an oxygen rich environment. Whenever I work with AS, I only place flux in the area I intend to fuse or solder. If you simply melt the AS on a clean soldering board (not charcoal or flux), you should find the resulting balls to be very clean and bright.
Argentium sterling silver is also heat hardenable, tarnish resistant and has excellent mechanical properties, making all forms of fabrication easy. For a final operation to make your jewelry stronger, heat treat it to achieve hardness values approximately twice that of annealed standard sterling silver.
Argentium Sterling Silver MSDS Argentium Sterling Silver Solders Argentium Fact File - PDF . The Society of American Silversmiths, its members, editors, contributors, and executive director disclaim any responsibility or liability for damages or injuries as a result of any construction, design, use, manufacture, restoration & conservation advice, or other activity undertaken as a result of the ...
· You''ll find another inspiring example of fused silver scraps being made into jewelry projects in Debra Hoffmaster''s Homage to Collage pin. Anything goes here—it''s a true scrap-reuse effort that turns a pile of leftover silver (Argentium is ideal for fusing) into a one-of-a-kind piece. The designs can be as abstract or literal as you wish.
· Argentium silver can be hardened without the need of a high temperature heat treatment. The cleaned and dry cast tree should be placed in an oven with an air atmosphere. The complete tree should be heated to 300°C and held at temperature for 2 hours. After heat treatment the tree should be removed from the furnace and allowed to cool to room ...